Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Finance
Field of Finance
By: Haris Saljic
Career Investigation Presentation
- There are 45+ Finance-related jobs in the job market (Career p.2)
- Jobs such as Loan Officer, Financial Adviser, Financial Manager, and Financial Analysts.(Career p.2)
- Approximately 87,377 jobs available as of now (Finance)
-Average salary of all Finance jobs overall $49,160 (Economics p.4)
-Financial analysts provide guidance to businesses and individuals making investment decisions. They assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments.(Financial Analysts Summary p.1)
- Uses skills like quantitative analysis and advising skills.
- Average salary of Financial Analysts is $76,950(Financial Analysts Summary p.1)
- Work hours for a typical Financial Analyst ranges from 8am-
- Job growth expected to be 16% by 2022 for Financial Analysts
( Financial Analysts Summary p.1)
Requirements for major in OU
-Before working in the course students must take FIN 322.
- Must obtain a 2.0 GPA.
Required classes to take:
ACC 301 - Financial Reporting and Analysis(3)
FIN 416 - Investment Analysis(3)
FIN 422 - Managerial Finance II (3)
FIN 399 - Achieve III - Finance(3)
FIN 417 - Investment Portfolio Management (3)
FIN 418 - Financial Institutions and Capital Markets (3)
FIN 419 - International Financial Management (3)
FIN 420 - Real Estate Investment Analysis (3)
FIN 480 - Special Topics in Finance (3)
22 total credits from these classes must be earned.
(Finance Catalog, Oakland University)
skills needed to successfully complete the course:
-such as statistics
- Know what time value is and what it does(Qian, PC)
-time value definition: The portion of an option's premium that is attributable to the amount of time remaining until the expiration of the option contract. (Time value p.1)
-Reconginze best investment options scenario.
Period of time that it takes (normally) to complete the undergraduate program:
(Must complete each course
with at least a 2.0 GPA) (FinanceCatalog)
Use of writing/communication in Finance program
Use of writing/communication in the professional level
- "Writing is important in a field, especially in the profession of a Finance Advisor."(Qian,PC)
- A finance advisor has to develop analytical skills in order to understand how a client wants to invest their money, as well as understand the complexities of the stock market, insurance types and bonds.
Requirements for completing OU degree regarding writing/communication
Classes to take:
-WRT 150(composition 1)(Oakland)
-WRT 160(composition 2)(Oakland)
How to have success within writing
- Must understand the many rhetorical appeals.
- "Writing and Communication is the means to which we conduct business/advertise."(Saljic, survey)
- So to be clear, logical, and credible when advising, or reporting funds, expenses, investments, etc. towards clients of a bank/insurance or managers of a company in order to for positive results such as investing in the right material for the right cost, or gaining profit during stock investing.
-"Normally I provide proposals based on each individual's financial situation. Then I provide pros and cons for each option."(Veronica,PC)
- Reach an audience correctly
- In writing proposals for clients
, you must be able to relate to their terms
in order for them to have a clear way to decide on whether to respond on
topics such as lending money, or
"Communication has helped because it helps the audience actually know and understand what any business would be about."(Saljic, survey)
How to work in the field of Finance before graduating
Enter an Internship
- There are many internship opportunities
in the Career link section of Oakland website.
How to prepare for a job in the field
- Go to Career Services In OU
- Learn the basis of interviews before
heading to one. (OU CareerLink)
- Learn correct business ethics(OU CareerLink)
- Can help improve business professions with their presentation ability and in their proposals towards companies and clients.
Ethos and Logos
-Financial Advisers would use ethos a ton of times in order to establish creditably and trust from their clients
Skills such as Quantative Analysis
are used during financial reports so that financial analysts can clarify investment options for certain businesses.
:The process of determining the value of a security by examining its numerical, measurable characteristics such as revenues, earnings, margins, and market share. (Quantative Analysis p.1)
Works Cited- Animoto
What is Finance?
-Finance is involved with the aquisition, investment, and management of cash resources of business ethnities, government agenicies, and individuals.(Finance p.1)
- Banks, Insurance companies, and automotive companies are some common places where Finance-related professions work.
- Deals with profit losses, gains, financial planning, and trading(either
for materials or stock)
What to get before entering in the professional level of the field?
- Jobs such as Stockbrokers can be obtained by someone who has a degree in Finance.(Career p.1)
- In most cases, it is wise to receive a bachelors degree in Finance.
-Some jobs such as Loan Officer, may need a a license before working professionally in the field.
Finance program at Oakland University
- Based on Oakland's School of Business Administration
- The school is one of only 170 business schools out of 8,000 around the world to hold the elite AACSB-International accreditation in both business and accounting.
- In addition as being offered as a Major at Oakland University, it can be offered as a Minor.
To find more info on
-Head over to Elliot Hall
at Oakland University
-Address:427 Elliott Hall
2200 N. Squirrel Road
Rochester, MI 48309-4401
- visit professors from Finance
- Kresge Library
- Writing Center
Look at Oakland
-Career Services-Finance. Rochester :Oakland University, 2014.Print
-"Business meeting." alabamarealestateinstitute. Wordpress, n.d., Web. 23 Nov. 2014.
-"Pretty office." iconarchive. n.p. , n.d. Web. 23 Nov. 2014.
- "Types of Financial Options." moneyihub. Money & Financial Guide by Money Ihub, 15 Mar. 2010. Web. 01 Dec. 2014
- "Stock Market Prediction." Stock market education, Stock market education, 30 Nov. 2010. Web. 23 Nov. 2014.
-"Rich man snob meme". gamba, Wordpress., n.d. Web. 23 Nov. 2014
-Career Services-Finance. Rochester: Oakland University, 2014. Print.
-Qian, Hong. Personal Communication. 11 Nov. 2014.
-Veronica, Eric. Personal Communication. 23 Nov.2014.
-Saljic, Haris. Survey on Finance major. Eliot Hall. 12 Nov. 2014.
-"Finance." Oakland. Oakland University, 2014. Web. 12 Nov. 2014.
-"Requirements for the major in Finance." Oakland. Oakland University, n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2014.
-"Financial Analysts Summary." Bureau of Labor and Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, 8 Jan. 2014. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
-Majoring in Economics. Rochester: Oakland University, 2014. Print.
- "Financial jobs." CareerBuilder. CareerBuilder, LLC, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
- "Daily life of a Financial Analysts." Mergers & Inquisitions. Capital Capable Media LLC, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
- "Career Services." Oakland. Oakland University, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
- "Quantitative Analysis." Investorwords. WebFinance, Inc, n.d. Web. 25 Nov.2014.
- "Time Value." Investopedia. Investopedia, LLC, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
- "Oakland University." FirstpointUSA. FirstpointUSA, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
- "Restaurant Profit and Loss Statement." Spreadsheet123. Spreadsheet123, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2014.
-"The Beginner’s Guide to Finance Internships in New York, Chicago, and Google." Financewalk. Financewalk, n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2014.
- "Make Sure You Utilize Your 401(k) in 2011." Turbotax.intuit. Intuit, Inc, 26 Oct. 2010. Web. 26 Nov. 2014.
-"OU CareerLink." Oakland. Oakland University,
n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2014
-"Elliot Hall." Oakland. Oakland University, n.d. Web. 29 Nov. 2014
-"Loans." finance-and-economy. n.p., 30 Sep. 2010. Web. 01 Dec. 2014
- "How to become an Loan Originator." ehow. Demand Media, n.d. Web. 01 Dec 2014.
(Finance section, Oakland University)
- Im still unsure whether to choose this major.
-I learned the stats is used more than I
- To inform audience about the field of Finance
- To show how writing/communication relates to the field