Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
11.3 The Spread of the Renaissance
Transcript of 11.3 The Spread of the Renaissance
of the Renaissance
started in CHINA made it to Europe
said to be invented by Ts'ai Lun under Emperor Wu who reigned around 100 BC
1455: Johann Gutenberg developed the printing press
used movable type - metal letter "stamps"
making copies became MUCH easier and cheaper
Students from around Europe traveled to Italy to study
Most teachers at Italian Universities were HUMANISTS
Students from Northern Europe came to study & took ideas back home with them
New universities opened throughout Europe
The Invention of Paper
The Printing Press
How it left Italy
Why is the invention of the printing press significant?
Why did church leaders fight against printing translated copies of the Bible?
cheaper and easier to prepare than animal skins