Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1/17 Panama Canal
Transcript of 1/17 Panama Canal
What gave the U.S. access to Chinese goods?
America Builds the Panama Canal Video
Definition: encouraged Western migration by providing settlers 160 acres of public land.
Example: People that used the Homestead Act were required to complete _________of continuous residence.
Map on Page 16
Map Activity Page 17
Look at the map. What type of territories are most of the territories we gained? Why?
Definition: Countries "needed" to to expand their borders to have new markets and raw materials for their goods
Example: Big countries, like the U.S., felt expansionism was ______________________ after the industrial revolution.
Morrill Land Grant/ Acts
Definition: 1860 and 1890 ; Laws to help create agricultural colleges by giving federal land to states
Example: Michigan State University was founded using the
Morrill Land Grant