Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Charlemagne: The Bad
Transcript of Charlemagne: The Bad
Charlemagne & Christianity
-Charlemagne did many bad things that were not honourable
-Charlemagne not an entirely bad person
-Christianity wouldn't have survived without him
-was a good military leader
Charlemagne & War
- spent most of his life on war
-went through 30 years of war and 18 battles
"Charlemagne." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 05 Nov. 2014. <http://www.history.com/topics/charlemagne>.
Charlemagne As a Ruler
Who was Charlemagne?
"Influential People." One Evil: Charlemagne. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2014. <http://one-evil.org/content/people_08c_charlemagne.html>.
Cranny, Micheal. Pathways: Civilizations Through Time. 2nd ed. Toronto: Pearson Canada, 2012. Print.
"Unique Facts About Europe: Charlemagne." Unique Facts About Europe: Charlemagne. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2014. <http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Europeweb/factfile/Unique-facts-Europe35.htm>.
"Middle Ages for Kids Charlemagne." Charlemagne. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2014. <http://medievaleurope.mrdonn.org/charlemagne.html>.
"Charlemagne (c. 747 - C. 814)." BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2014. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/charlemagne.shtml>.
- King of the Franks- A group of Germanic people
- Responsible for rebuilding Europe through a number of actions, both good and bad
- Came to power from 768-814 CE
- Son of Pepin the Short
How it is speculated that Charlemagne looked
How the Anglo-Saxons might have looked in battle
-converted his kingdom, full of Saxons, to Christianity using military force
-executed if they weren't baptized, or if they didn't follow Christian traditions
-Christianity was forced on everyone, including the Saxons
- people had no choice
-not how a real Christian would act
-Charlemagne cut down the sacred tree of German Saxons: This was a kind of World Tree for them, a Yggdrasil, in forests near present-day Marburg
A symbol of Christianity: The cross
-was known for his ruthlessness as a ruler
-cruel to his subjects
-man who was good at killing
"History of France : Charlemagne." History of France : Charlemagne. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2014. <http://www.voyagesphotosmanu.com/charlemagne_france.html>.
"Christian History Institute." Christian History Institute. Accessed November 05, 2014. https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/study/module/charlemagne/.
Who was Charlemagne?
- helped revive the political and social of Europe
-Very important part in European History
- His empire was called Carolingian Empire
- Crowned Emperor of the Romans by Pope Leo III
-turned to violence easy
Charlemagne As a Ruler Part 2
Charlemagne & the Saxons
- Charlemagne waged a battle against the Anglo-Saxon people
- people say he slaughtered 4,500 Saxons for no reason during the battles
-these Saxons forced to become Christians, if not, executed
How Charlemagne might've looked going into war
By Nancy, Angella, Julie, and Sam