Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Open House Prezi
Transcript of Open House Prezi
(cc) photo by Metro Centric on Flickr
(cc) photo by Franco Folini on Flickr
(cc) photo by jimmyharris on Flickr
(cc) photo by Metro Centric on Flickr
working artists and designers
letter of recommendation
ART & DESIGN
- 15-20 pieces of recent work
- 3-8 examples of observational process
- Conceptual skills
- Cohesive body of work
advertising / art direction
-15-18 years old
-Develop their portfolios
-Live on a college campus
-Earn 4 college credits*
Department of Student Life
Masters-Level Residential Life Coordinator lives on campus
Three residence halls: Cottage, Hart , and Plant
GRAs - Assigned to each dorm and they oversee the RAs
There is a Resident Advisor on every floor
RAs serve as student leaders who plan programs, build community, and look our for the well-being of others
Regular programming inculdes Movie Night Tuesdays, PrattMWP (PAC) Thursdays, and weekend programs
Agreement with Utica College to use the UC fitness center, athletic facilites, and intermural sports and clubs
Ways to get involved!
PrattMWP Committee (PAC)
Student Ambassadors (Orientation Week Leader, Family/Alumni Weekend)
Join a student club!
Become a Resident Advisor
Spring Leadership program
Full time counselor on campus, available 5 days a week
Counseling Services are available to all PrattMWP students to enhance their well being and development
Wide variety of psychotherapeutic services are available
Flexible hours for students' needs
Referral to other specialists if needed
-Shadow of the Sphinx
-The Prints of Andy Warhol
"A To Z And Back Again"
- Robert Indiana
"From A to Z"
- American Royalty: The Kennedys, Fashion & Celebrity Photographs by Mark Shaw
Advertising / Art Direction
• Last year 96% of our students received some type of financial aid
• The average financial aid package is approximately $22,000 a year
• Merit scholarships are awarded up to $14,000, accounting for over half of the student’s tuition cost
• Our annual tuition cost is, on average, $15,000 less than other private art colleges
Take a look at our numbers!
• 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
-Available January 1st
- Recommended deadline is March 1st
• FAFSA Verification Process
- Approximately 30% of students are randomly selected for Verification
-Financial Aid Office is required to verify the information that was submitted on the FAFSA
- School may request tax transcripts, W-2 forms, household size information, untaxed income statements and assets.
-If selected, paperwork should be submitted to the school by May 15th
• NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) New York State residents only
- Available after FAFSA has been completed
- Recommended deadline is May 30th
• Financial Aid Award Letter
- Students will be mailed their award letter
- Award letter will indicate all financial aid that the student qualifies for
- Complete, sign and return the award letter by June 15th.
4 Steps to the Financial Aid Process
- PrattMWP Merit Scholarship
- PrattMWP Grant
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEO Grant
- Federal Work Study Program
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
Types of Financial Aid
Types of Financial Aid Continued...
- NYS Tuition Assistance Program
- NYS Scholarship for Academic Excellence (to apply, see your high school guidance counselor)
- Non-New York State residents can refer to www.finaid.org for grant or scholarship programs in their state of residence
• Alternative/Private Student Loans
- Apply separately at www.elmselect.com
- Suggested lenders
• Outside Scholarships
- Check with your high school guidance counselor
- Local foundations, businesses or community organizations
• Rotary Club (rotary.org)
• Dollars for Scholars (dollarsforscholars.org)
• Chamber of Commerce (uschamber.com)
Performing Arts Club
You can always make your own!
Suite style dorms
Buffet style dining