Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BRUNER'S CONSTRUCTIVIST THEORY
Transcript of BRUNER'S CONSTRUCTIVIST THEORY
Theory Jerome Bruner
One of the first proponents of constructivism. Bruner was born in New York City and later educated at Duke University and Harvard (from which he was awarded a PhD in 1947). REPRESENTATION enactive representation - learning about the world through actions on physical objects and the outcomes of these actions. Bruner's Main Concepts Major Theme: learning is an active process in which learners construct new ideas or concepts based upon their current / past knowledge. iconic representation - learning can be obtained through using models and pictures. It allows one to recognize objects when they changed in minor ways. symbolic representation - the ability to think in abstract terms. This uses system to encode knowledge.