Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
classification of galaxies and nebulas
Transcript of classification of galaxies and nebulas
Classification of Galaxies and Nebulas/Universe Structures
*cloud of interstellar gas and dust.
*a system of billions of stars, gas, and dust
Scale of Universe
students should be able to
*compare /contrast 3 types of galaxies
*compare/contrast 5 types of nebulas
*understand universe and galaxy structures
*not a clearly defined shape ,large amounts of gas and dust, and stars are young
*Elliptical- round, dimmer stretched out circle
*Spiral-twisted collection of stars and dust, made up of hot young stars
*a bright diffuse nebula that emits light as a result of ionization of its gas atoms by UV radiation
* reflects the light of neighboring stars.
* absorbs and obscures the light from stars behind it, appearing as a dark patch in front of a bright nebula .
* expanding shell of thin ionized gas that is ejected from and surrounds a hot, dying star of about the same mass as the sun
*the gas absorbs UV radiation from the central star and reemits it as visible light by the process of fluorescence.
*structure resulting from the explosion of a star in a supernova.
*the sun, the planets,and everything else revolving around it
google images.Web. 25 September 2013.
*galaxy cluster-hundreds to thousands of galaxies
*super cluster-large groups of smaller galaxy
*voids-empty spaces between galaxy filments