Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Peripheral Nervous System
Transcript of Peripheral Nervous System
-FIGHT or FLIGHT
-uses spinal nerves to ready body for action
Parasympathetic Nervous System
-RELAX or REPLENISH
-uses cranial nerves and sacral spinal nerves to get the body back to a resting state Test yourself... Quickly think to yourself whether the following are part of the sympathetic or parasympathetic systems? spinal nerves send information to and from the brain through sensory/motor feedback Somatic Nervous System Peripheral
System Autonomic Nervous System cranial nerves link sensory receptors and feedback to the brain; motor control of certain movements 1) pupils dilate, inhibit tears
2) bladder empties
4) heart pumps faster
5) sexual arousal facilitated
6) lungs open
7) stomach & intestines digest food Some things happen in the sympathetic system ONLY:
-adrenal and sweat glands activated
-liver stimulates the release of glucose for the body to use for energy
-blood vessels constrict to increase force and cause rapid circulation
-hair follicles stand up