Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Limnic eruption
Lake Nyos in Africa
What is a Limnic Eruption
A Limnic eruption is when a large amount of carbon dioxide erupting up from a lake. It is a rare type of natural disaster
Where did the eruption occurred happened
What have caused the eruption
When the lava flow reached the lake, the lava flow release gallons of carbon dioxide (CO2) into the lake.
Lake Nyos and lake Monoun
1. A active volcano eruption
2. Lava flow began it's way!
3. Reached lake Nyos helping the co2 feeding fountains.
flowing under ground
The occurring event
Lots of bubble of co2 start bubbling up, forming clouds
Co2 cloud start to spread and suffocate living creatures
All at once all the co2 gather to the surface over sizing the energy then erupt setting of a jet of co2
feeding co2 fountains
what two things had fed the lake with co2
where exactly did it happen
how many peopled died
Remember or not
This eruption has killed 1800 people
Landscape- it effect the landscape by turning the river from blue to redish brown
Economy- it had destroy all the vegetarian
Environment- it has killed animals and people. it has gave it a terrible smell