Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Advancement of Car Tec
Transcript of Copy of Advancement of Car Tec
Palestine Polytechnic University
College of Engineering & Technology
Mechanical Engineering Department
Developing Training Module on Embedded Systems Applications in Automotives
Sanad Jaradat Shadi Khalil
Sameer Salhab Mazen Abu Warrad
Rafaat Sharawi Majd Masalmah
Dr. Momen Sughayyer Dr.Ahmad Abu Hanea
Historical Development of Automotive Electronics
- In Palestine the currently employed technicans in the field of automotive maintanance are not prepared to deal with the embedded systems applications in automotives according to need assesment done with the fram work CODE project .
- Currently offered high education programs do not cover this practicular topics .
- To develop training module for student and graduate on embedded system applications in automotive.
- The training module should cover theoritical and practical parts asbects of embedded systems.
Time Table for 1st simester
Time Table for 2nd simester
Embedded system application
The main systems are :
1- Engine management.
2- Antilock brake system ABS .
3- Electronic stability program ESP control including steer by wire.
4- Steering-Control System .
5 -Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).
6- Electronic control transmission (ECT).
7- Other systems : suspension , air condition , seats , lighting ,
navigation , etc...... .
Engine management system include many features :
Fuel-injection control (A/F ratio).
Exhaust gas recirculation EGR control.
Ignition timing control in SI engines , or injection timing control in CI engines .
Power train control include transmission control.
Air–Fuel Ratio Control
Power train control
Adaptive Ignition Control
-Principle of adaptive is that the best engine torque is achieved when combustion produces maximum cylinder pressure just after TDC
Number of ECUs (CAN/MOST/LIN) with years
stability control system
Three types of stability control systems have been proposed and developed for yaw control:
1- Differential Braking systems
2- Steer-by-Wire systems
3- Active Torque d systems
- Allows Wheels to maintain traction and prevents skidding.
ESP is of assistance to the driver in:
- correcting oversteering or understeering
- stabilizing the car during sudden
- enhancing handling on road obstacles .
- improving traction on slippery or icy
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) is the
latest system in which the electric motor
(“E-motor”) is attached directly to the
steering gearbox without a hydraulic
- EPS is active only during the actual
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Allows a vehicle’s to adapt the vehicle's
speed to the traffic environment used a
radar system attach to the front of vehicle .
- The method by which the ACC vehicle's
speed is controlled is via engine throttle
control and limited brake operation
Thanks for attention
2. Historical development of automotive electronics .
3. Project problem.
4. Project idea .
5. Thesis of project.
6. Methodology and Implementation Plan and Time
7. Project estimated budget.
Why embedded system produced ?
Today’s electrical and electronic devices become more economic and reliable, these features help in enhancing :
- increasing safety.
- reducing emissions.
- improving fuel consumption.
- better drivability.
- passenger comfort.
Automotive Embedded Network
-Vehicle system applications.
-Vehicle communication networks and the protocols.
-Theoretical and practical asbects of propose training
CAN bus (Controller Area Network )
TTCAN Protocol(Time-Triggered CAN)
Flex Ray Protocol
VAN(Vehicle Area Network )
TT Networks(Time-Triggered - Event-Triggered)
- Safe-by-Wire Plus
Automotive Open System Architecture (AUTOSAR)
BSW(Basic Software Layer)
RTE (Runtime environment)
CAN bus (Controller Area Network)
CAN bus layers
Data link layer
CAN bus representation
Sending node (station)
Receiving node (station)
Values of the bus
Bit rate of the bus
CAN bus nodes
CAN bus Message Transfer
ELECTONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
ESP is an active safety technology that assists the driver to keep the vehicle
on the intended path and thereby helps to prevent accidents.
ESP is especially effective in keeping the vehicle on the road and mitigating
rollover accidents which account for over 1/3 of all fatalities in single vehicle accidents.
ESP: Past, Present, and Future
- The history of vehicle stability control can be followed simply by investigating Bosch’s contributions to vehicle electronic systems over the past 25 years as in the Table.
Vehicle Stability Timeline
What wheel to brake or accelerate and to what extent.
Whether engine torque is reducedز
Whether the gearbox SX control unit is activated
Design and function of ESP
Component of system
1- ABS control unit with EDL/TCS/ESP J104.
2 - Steering angle sender G85.
3 - Lateral acceleration sender G200.
4 - Yaw rate sender G202.
5 - Lateral acceleration sender G200 Yaw rate
6 - Brake pressure sender G201.
7 - Button for TCS/ESP E256.
8 - The hydraulic pump for driving dynamic control
9 - The hydraulic unit.
Ignition-timing embedded system
Fuel air mixture ionized due to
the high voltage difference between the two electrode
-Depends on furrier Low .
-12 volts car battery connected to the primary windings.
-thousands volts goes to the central electrode .
-all what we need to do is to close the switch .
Electric Circuit used
- The switch used is the
- If the gate gets a signal ,
the switch close .
- The gate signal comes
from the arduino .
Microcontroller ( Arduino )
- Complete computer used in
embedded applications .
- Gets signals form the sensors .
- Doing the computations ( taking
the decision ).
- Sends signals to the actuators .
-Crank Shaft position sensor sense the position of the Crank shaft .
-sensor sends the information to the microcontroller .
- Microcontroller distributes the sparks to the proper cylinder .
Diagnosis and interface
The diagnosis of spark timing system is very simple, the detecting of the spark ignition is done by potting a temperature sensor at the top of the spark plug. This sensor detect if the spark is ignited or not. The sensor sends a signal to the microcontroller which is Arduino as an example, and the microcontroller sends the data which are shown as the number of spark ignition for each spark plug.
Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
Steering-Control System for Electric-Power Steering
What ESP do ?