Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ELECTORAL COLLEGE
THE POPULAR VOTE, OR THE VOTE OF THE PEOPLE, IS USED TO DETERMINE WHICH CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE THE STATE'S ELECTORAL VOTES
WHEN PEOPLE VOTE FOR PRESIDENT, THEY ARE ACTUALLY VOTING FOR A SLATE OF "ELECTORS" WHO WILL CAST THEIR BALLOT FOR THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT.
THE CANDIDATE WHO RECEIVES THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULAR VOTE IN A STATE, RECEIVES ALL OF THE STATE'S ELECTORAL VOTES
EXCEPT IN MAINE AND NEBRASKA
A STATE'S ELECTORAL VOTES ARE DETERMINED BY ADDING THE NUMBER OF SENATORS AND THE NUMBER OF REPRESENTATIVES THE STATE HAS.
MISSOURI HAS 8 REPRESENTATIVES AND 2 SENATORS
MAINE AND NEBRASKA
MAINE AND NEBRASKA "SPLIT" THEIR ELECTORAL VOTES