Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Simple and Compound Machines The Wheelbarrow
Transcript of Simple and Compound Machines The Wheelbarrow
What is the purpose of the Machine?
The purpose of a wheel barrow is to transport heavy objects or heavy loads of materials from point A to point B with ease.
How does the Wheel Barrow work?
To use a wheelbarrow, you must lift the barrow with the levers attached. You then tilt the wheelbarrow using the levers so it is an incline plane. The wheel and axel then roll with ease to help the person pushing the barrow.
The result of my experiment was successful, and I now have a fully functioning, Lego wheelbarrow.
A wheel barrow is made up of 3 different simple machines. they are:
wheel and axle
1. Design the compound machine.
2. Find items around the house that will help make the compound machine.
3. Create the incline plane, the lever, the wheel and cup section of the wheelbarrow.
4. Put the wheelbarrow together by attaching the incline place to the lever, and then attaching the wheel.
The outcome of the experiment was that a full functioning wheelbarrow was created.
In conclusion I successfully built a compound machine (a wheelbarrow), using more than one simple machine (a lever, a wheel and axel and an inclined plane).
Aim: To build a compound machine.
Hypothesis: To use household objects to create a compound machine with more than one simple machine.