Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hotel Technology Overview
Transcript of Hotel Technology Overview
Boots on the Ground.
Thank You !
Taking Care of the Guest
Property Management System
Software that supports all aspects of providing lodging to guests.
Point of Sale
All software that support the sale of goods or services.
All software that supports bookkeeping and reporting for management.
Check In and Out Guests
Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing
Software to help understand and market to guests/customers
Distribution - Central Reservations
Systems Integration and Hospitality
HTNG - Hotel Technology Next Generation
HFTP - Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals
HSMAI - Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International
5. Future Opportunities
On vacation, a man and his wife check into a hotel. The husband wants to have a snack at the restaurant, but his wife is extremely tired so she decides to go on up to their room to rest.
She lies down on the bed... just then, a train passes by very close to the window and shakes the room so hard she's thrown out of the bed.
Guest Billing - Folios
Groups - Catering
Restaurant & Bar
Accounts Receivables or AR
Owner Accounting -Trust Accounting
Credit Card Processing
PCI-DSS Compliant - What does
PCI DSS Requirements
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
Protect Cardholder Data
3. Protect stored cardholder data
4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software on all systems commonly affected by malware
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
11. Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security
Online Travel Agents
Convention Space Management
Jason Cape - Clearview Networks
Front Desk Agent
Hotel Information Technologist
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Audio Visual Technician
Head of Security
Human Resource Manager
New Hotel Development
Brand Relationship Manager