Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of NFL
Only two teams currently in the NFL, the Decatur Staleys (now the Chicago Bears) and the Chicago Cardinals (now the Arizona Cardinals), are founding members.
The Portsmouth Spartans were the fifth team to join the league in 1930, later to be named the Detroit Tigers.
The first official championship game was held in 1933.
The first televised NFL game was on October 22, 1939 in a game the Eagles lost 23-14 to the host Brooklyn Dodgers.
The rival American Football League was founded in 1959. It was very successful, and forced a merger with the older NFL that resulted in a greatly expanded league and the creation of the Super Bowl. BRAND IMAGE PRIMARY TARGET MARKET Technically, the NFL's target audience is diversified in order for the NFL to gain popularity and revenue. They NFL's target market is complex because it includes people of all ages, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds. However, there are specific demographics that the NFL may use to define certain audiences:
- Men 18-49
- Women 18-49
- Kids 17 and under
- Baby Boomers
- Household income of $50,000+ The NFL is the premier sports and entertainment brand that brings people together socially and emotionally like no other. http://sign2esymbol.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/nflbrandingguidelines.pdf The eight stars represent each division The design of the football reflects the ball that sits atop the Lombardi Trophy COMPETITORS LMAO!!! USFL
CFL COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE With an entire week between games the fans and the media have an opportunity to dissect, analyze, and critique the performance of teams
Social media outlets such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter help to add fuel to the fire
Of all the major sports leagues in America the NFL does the best job of marketing its product With a 16 game schedule a team's fate can change dramatically from one week to the next
The NFL model also makes it possible for bad teams to become good rather quickly
NFL captivates its audience with a format that's exciting, accessible, and unpredictable TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP The NFL as always had the type of leadership that has allowed them to change direction when needed, create a vision and execute the change effectively This is why the NFL has never become complacent or stagnant ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE Tall Organizational Structure http://firejerryjones.com/2009/01/we-the-people/ CULTURE The NFL lives off of 5 values Integrity
Performance and Teamwork
Tradition and Innovation