Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Unit 7 Week 1
Transcript of Unit 7 Week 1
Define the following word by using the sentence and picture.
1. impugn - to challenge or attack as false; criticize
2. predilection - a preference or special liking for something
3. amenable - (of a person) open and responsive to suggestion
4. ingenious - (of a person) clever, original, and inventive
1. Do Now
2. Review LT
3. Industrial Revolution Pictures
4. Capitalism/Socialism Stations
5. Industrial Revolution Close Reading
I can evaluate primary and secondary sources.
Children of the Industrial Revolution
1. Examine the picture
2. Write a 2 sentence response.
What is the picture of?
From this picture the reader can tell that_________.
What information in the picture tells the reader that _____?
How is this picture different from another an event today?
What evidence from the selection shows that children's role were vastly different than today?
This picture was mainly taken to ______.
Question to consider
*You should have a total of 9
1. Property and the means of production (factories) should be owned by businesses and individuals.
2. When individuals follow their own self interest, progress will result.
3. The government must act to protect workers since employers often take advantage of them.
4. The government should own property and the means of production.
5. The government should not interfere in the economy because the rules of the market-place (the world of business) benefit everyone.
6. Goods should be distributed according to each person’s needs.
7. Competition among businesses is good.
8. Progress results when producers of goods cooperate for the benefit of all.
Capitalism and Socialism
tAKE A STAND
CAPITALISM AND SOCIALISM Stations
1. Complete the tables.(if applicable)
2. Complete the questions if applicable.
Socialism is a concept that individuals should not have ownership of land, capital (money), but rather the whole community collectively owns and controls property, goods, and production.
Under Capitalism, individuals own and control land, capital, and production of industry. Individuals are free to purchase and own their own home etc.
Directions - Write the SAT word, sentence and try and determine the definition.
1. Do Now
2. Review LT
3. Complete Capitalism/Socialism
4. Occupy Wall Street Gallery Walk
5. Adam Smith/Karl Marx Quote Activity
6. Occupy Wall Street Articles
Review Learning Target
I can close read a non-fiction article.
main - Occupy Wall Street -subtitle- Signs
1. Do you agree or disagree?
Karl Marx & Adam Smith Quotes
Primary Source Documents
1. Read the article
2 Answer 3 questions from the bucket.
- forbidden by law, rules, or custom
- in a forceful, passionate, or intense manner; with great feeling
- disagreeable to taste, smell, or look at
hands on government
hands off government
proletarian - workers or working-class people
To join or not to join
- have 3 reasons why or why not.
Occupy SHort Film