Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Identity Theft
1. Place an Initial Fraud Alert!!!
2. Order Your Credit Report
3. Create an Identity Theft Report
4. Freeze Your Credit
5. Follow Up and Slowly Pay Down Debts
How Does This Occur?
Preventing ID Theft
What is it?
Identity Theft is the fraudulent acquisition and use of a person's private identifying information, usually for financial gain.
Credit Card Fraud
Direct Theft (Robbery)
The ID thief simply creates a domain name using the legitimate company name, but adds the term "accounts" or “secure” in its domain.
Don't carry your birth certificate, Social Security card, extra credit cards or passports
Pick up your check books from the bank and don't have them mailed to your house
Be careful when giving out personal information over the phone
Shred any documents that you are throwing away to prevent theft
Follow your credit card billing cycle closely