Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Transcript of Samsung Galaxy Gear
Galaxy Gear : Red Ocean
Attached to an old market : smart watch industry
It remained almost the same over years
Features to fit with our daily life, and make it better
Samsung Galaxy Gear
A computerized wristwatch with functionality that is enhanced beyond timekeeping
Porter's 5 Forces
Is Smart watch a promising market?
Red/Blue Ocean approach
How being in a Blue Ocean?
ERRC Grid : to unlock a new Blue Ocean
In order to pursue differentiation and low cost
The example of the IPhone First Generation (2007)
In the early 2000s : important competition in the cellphone industry
Apple developed something completely new
They became a pioneer of this new industry
Red Ocean strategy is focused on already established industries
Samsung case :
- Competing in an existing market space
- Their watch is almost the same that previous attempts
They did not make the competition irrelevant
Challenge => to bring something new !!
STRATEGY of DIFFERENCIATION
Differenciate by innovating
Bring a new thing !!
The Smartphone Market
Porter’s 5 forces => Static pattern
- Blue Ocean strategy by Nickel Pro (2013). The blue ocean concept. Available from:
330.000 smart watches were sold in 2012
500,000 watches ought to be sold
5 millions of smart watches ought to be sold
214 Millions of smart watch ought to be sold
Smart watch market should reach 60 million $ of turnover
10 times more than in 2013
New competitors in the market
The smart freedom
Capture daily life from your wirst
- Website of canalys :
- Article 2 : A history of the smart watch and why nobody wants one
September 5, 2013 http://medium.com/
- Article 1: Samsung introduces GALAXY Gear, a wearable device to Enhance the Freedom of Mobile Communications
II/ Different kinds of approach
III/ Inside the Smart Watch market
Some pools say that Apple will have about 70% of the smart watch market
Do you think Apple will revolutionize the market?
Are you interesting in buying a Smart watch?
Samsung made it to regain market shares from the opposition
Will Samsung revolutionize the market?