Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Transcript of Samsung Galaxy Gear
Galaxy Gear : Red Ocean
Attached to an old market : smart watch industry
It remained almost the same over years
Features to fit with our daily life, and make it better
Samsung Galaxy Gear
A computerized wristwatch with functionality that is enhanced beyond timekeeping
Porter's 5 Forces
Is Smart watch a promising market?
Red/Blue Ocean approach
How being in a Blue Ocean?
ERRC Grid : to unlock a new Blue Ocean
In order to pursue differentiation and low cost
The example of the IPhone First Generation (2007)
In the early 2000s : important competition in the cellphone industry
Apple developed something completely new
They became a pioneer of this new industry
Red Ocean strategy is focused on already established industries
Samsung case :
- Competing in an existing market space
- Their watch is almost the same that previous attempts
They did not make the competition irrelevant
Challenge => to bring something new !!
STRATEGY of DIFFERENCIATION
Differenciate by innovating
Bring a new thing !!
The Smartphone Market
Porter’s 5 forces => Static pattern
- Blue Ocean strategy by Nickel Pro (2013). The blue ocean concept. Available from:
330.000 smart watches were sold in 2012
500,000 watches ought to be sold
5 millions of smart watches ought to be sold
214 Millions of smart watch ought to be sold
Smart watch market should reach 60 million $ of turnover
10 times more than in 2013
New competitors in the market
The smart freedom
Capture daily life from your wirst
- Website of canalys :
- Article 2 : A history of the smart watch and why nobody wants one
September 5, 2013 http://medium.com/
- Article 1: Samsung introduces GALAXY Gear, a wearable device to Enhance the Freedom of Mobile Communications
II/ Different kinds of approach
III/ Inside the Smart Watch market
Some pools say that Apple will have about 70% of the smart watch market
Do you think Apple will revolutionize the market?
Are you interesting in buying a Smart watch?
Samsung made it to regain market shares from the opposition
Will Samsung revolutionize the market?