Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Jupiter

No description
by

Kelly Chow

on 8 March 2013

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Jupiter

Jupiter By Kelly Chow
March 7, 2013
Period 6 The Name "Jupiter" Hours In A Day How Far Is It From The Sun ? The Outside Look Ohhh Darn! According to Latin origin, it
means "The Supreme God".
It comes from the King of
Roman Gods (Zeus). In hours, the length of Jupiter's
day is 9.8 Earth hours! Because Jupiter is classified as a "Gas Giant",
it does not have a high and low temperature.
Jupiter has a striped like pattern of clouds
all around which are orange, brown, & white. It also includes it's famous "Great Red Spot" Where Was It Discovered?? It's tough to say "where" it was discovered, due to being able to be seen by the naked eye. Therefore it's been known since ancient times .....It loooks a little something like thiss..... Jupiter was discovered in 1610 by Galileo
when he saw it through a telescope. The Discovery Jupiter's clouds &
surface up close Jupiter, itself from
outer space Some of Jupiter's
oval shaped clouds The Great Red Spot Gravity! Based on Earth's gravity being 1,
Jupiter's gravity is 2.53. Being the 5th planet from the sun,
it's orbital distance is 52 AU/ 778
million kilometers. The Atmosphere! Jupiter's atmosphere is
thick for the most part. It
also happens to be the
largest in the solar system What Is In The Atmosphere? The atmosphere is composed of Hydrogen and Helium!
90% of it is Hydrogen, while the other 10% is Helium. However....... Jupiter does hold an average temperature!
Celsius: -153 degrees Kelvin: 120.15 degrees The Length of A Year In Earth years, the length of
a year on Jupiter is 11.86. Moons Moons Moons Jupiter has
about 67
moons! The
most moons out
of all the planets!! The Fantastic Four Aside from ALL it's moons, there are
4 of them that stand out the most! The Galilean Moons!! Europa! The icy moon that orbits Jupiter in 3.5 days! It has a metallic core and a rocky mantle. Europa also contains an icy layer surrounding the interior. Lo Lo is the third largest of Jupiter's moons,
and is the most volcanically active body
in the solar system! It also carries a sulfur
dioxide atmosphere. Ganymede It's the largest satellite in our solar system.
Ganymede could technically be a planet if
it orbited the sun and not Jupiter! Callisto Callisto is the 3rd largest satellite
in the Solar System! It orbits beyond
Jupiter's main radiation belts. Callisto Lo Europa Ganymede Story Time!! Jupiter is the Roman name for the god
"Zeus" in Greek mythology! Jupiter was
the ruler over all the other Gods! Zeus/
Jupiter was the son of the Titans Cronus
and Rhea!

IN TIME........ Uhh! Ohhh.... Zeus ended up overthrowing his father and
established himself as ruler of the Olympian Gods! He was the most powerful, and was a
sky god, a god of rain, and the god of thunder/thunderbolts.
Probes! Believe it or not, there were quite a few
probes sent to Jupiter in the past. In fact,
there were about 8!
They Are ......... Voyager 1
Voyager 2
Pioneer 10
Ulysses
Pioneer 11
New Horizons
Cassini
Galileo Haiku Poems I see a red spot
Jupiter, the large planet
Four Galilean moons Has rings like Saturn
Jupiter, the fifth planet
Fourth brightest objects Specialties! Jupiter is the largest planet in the Solar System! It's the fastest spinning planet, and is also made of thick clouds and gases. Jupiter is considered the fourth brightest and can be seen by the "naked" eye! Bibliography! Carson, Mary Kay. (2011). Far Out Guide to Jupiter. New

Jersey: Bailey Books, Enslow Publishers, Inc.

Daly, Kathleen N. (2004). Greek and Roman Mythology A to

Z. New York: Facts on File, Inc.

Grego, Peter. (2012). Planetary Mythology. Retrieved on

March 5, 2013, from http://www.astronomy-education.com.

NASA. (2012, Dec 4). Solar System Exploration: Jupiter

Overview. Retrieved on March 6, 2013, from

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profilejupiter.html

Schwabacher, Martin. (2002). JUPITER. New York:

Benchmark Books, Marshall Cavendish Corporation.
Full transcript