Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Identity Foundations
a way to distinguish yourself from others
a way to show you are part of a group
something which is formed when an individual interacts with other people
Identity is something you and the people around you create
Identity in criminology is an important issue.We discuss it in several different context
Identification of criminals and criminal activity
Criminalised groups in society
examples- Young People, Drug users, homeless people
How do we identify ourselves and others?
Use of symbols (the way we dress, talk, attitudes/beliefs)
The people we group together with
The people we avoid being associated with
Linked to this discussion of identity is the idea of stereotypes
These are simplified generalisations about groups of people