Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
BAKERS OF GOA.....
Transcript of BAKERS OF GOA.....
the traditional family profession is baking bread.
the bakers are known as paders.....
bakers supported the basket on their heads and other hand banged the bamboo staff on the ground....which produced a jingling sound.
The baker of olden days had a peculiar dress called the kabai. It was the long knee length frock
The modern pader wore a shirt and trousers.
IMPORTANCE OF A PADER
The presence of a bakers furnace in the villge is absolutely essential....
Marriage gifts are meaningless without the sweet bread known as the bol.
Cakes and Bolinhas are a must for Christmas as well as other festivals.
Collection of bills
The baker usually collects his bills at the end of the month.
monthly accounts used to be recorded on some wall with a pencil.......
This shows that the bakers were not concerned about their income but more concerned abut their services.
Delivering cakes and breads
Breads prepared by Pader