Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Psychedelic Rock
Exotic instrumentation - sitar, keyboards,
Extended song structures
Experimental recording techniques/fx - (distortion, panning, flanging)
Civil rights movement
Folk rock - Dylan, Byrds
Electronic music - Stockhausen, Schaeffer
Literature - Kerouac, Kesey, Huxley
Dr Albert Hoffman
Dr Timothy Leary
The Pink Floyd
My Bloody Valentine
Dates: 1965 - 1969
US: San Francisco, Los Angeles
UK: London, Cambridge
Psychedelia around the world
Lyrics - 'poetic', strange imagery, drug references
The Grateful Dead
The Pink Floyd
The Soft Machine
Made 'under the influence'
Intended to intensify, accompany or mimic psychedelic experience
Spiritual/religious - Buddhism, Meditation
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
Hard Rock/Heavy Metal
Live shows - sound quality, visuals
Experimentation vs commercialism
Electronics in rock/pop music