Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How does teen pregnancy effect the individuals life?
Transcript of How does teen pregnancy effect the individuals life?
How does teenage pregnancy affect the individual's life?
Thesis: Teenage pregnancy affects the individual emotionally, socially and positively.
- Deciding whether or not to keep the baby
- Sudden change of lifestyle
- Quitting school or getting home schooled
- Working multiple jobs
- Teenage hormones
- Postpartum depression
- Feeling guilty and shameful
- Not having others to relate to
- Sharing the news about the pregnancy; not knowing how and who to tell about the situation
- Different opinions about handling the pregnancy:
keeping the baby
- No control or power against parents
- Worries about the future
- Social life
- Limits time to go out with others
- Others may judge the individual
- Stronger; physically and emotionally
Emotionally: Worries about the future
- If father of child will support the baby
- Financially supporting the baby; having multiples jobs or asking family for money
- Future career
- Not having enough knowledge to raise a child and be a mother
- Fear if having a baby will impact her own life and dreams in the future
Socially: Social life
- Bigger responsibilities
- Working a full time job to support the baby
- Constantly being tired; no energy for anything else
- No time for family or friends
- Communicating with others will be difficult
- Repetitive schedule
- Excluded from school life; prom, graduation etc.
Socially: Limits time to go out with others
- No free time
- Other things to worry about
- Limits individual to enjoy teenage years
- Missing out on new experiences; physically incapable or not having enough time
- Excluded from certain events
Socially: Others judging the invididual
- Bad influence
- Losing loved ones; friends and family
- Receiving dirty looks, getting talked about
- Violating social norms
- Learn how to raise a family
- Financially supporting baby and herself
- No more partying, drinking etc.
- Time management skills
- Stop going out as much
- Obtain roles of an adult
- Good role model
- Dealing with harsh situations; looking past other peoples opinion
- Constantly carrying the baby
- Not getting enough sleep
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Discipline the baby
- Prepared for the possibility of a miscarriage or disabilities
Emotional, social or positive effect?
1. Andrea is 16 and pregnant. She went to the mall and constantly got stared at by others.
2. After having a baby for eight months, Holly doesn’t care when others talk about her or disrespect her. She doesn’t take it personally.
3. Three months after having a baby, Kate is suffering despondency, tearfulness, feelings of inadequacy, guilt, anxiety, irritability and fatigue.
Teenage pregnancy affects the individual in many negative ways, emotionally and socially. However, there are a few positive aspects in which the individual is affected.