Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Colonial Rule in Southeast Asia
Transcript of Colonial Rule in Southeast Asia
1824-1826, 1852, 1885
Konbaung Dynasty Creation of British Malaya Straits Settlements
Federated Malay States/Resident
Unfederated Malay States/Advisor Creation of French Indochina Nguyen Dynasty
Cambodia The Dutch East Indies Cultivation System
Short Declaration The Philippines: From Old World to the New Spanish Rule
The United States Systems of Colonial Rule Two Key Concepts
Direct and Indirect Rule
Implications: Depth and Nature of Changes Areas of Difference
The type of administrative apparatus
The amount of autonomy accorded to the colony
The degree of political freedom allowed to the subjects
An Independent Siam Chakri Dynasty
King Mongkut/Rama IV (1851-1868)
King Chulalongkorn (1868-1910)