Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of AWAKE
Bath, England and Dublin, Ireland.
- A fifteen-year-old girl. The story focuses on her, and a lot of the characters are either her friend, or trying to watch over her and keep her safe. She's a big part of the plot line later on in the story, seeing as all of the actions of others are based on keeping her alive and getting her home. She lost her memory when she was four and lost all the first four years of her life.
- Noah is a sixteen-year-old boy sent from his home in Ireland to watch over Scarlett and get her to fall in love with him so he can win her trust and bring her back home. He's very loyal to his people and does just about everything that he's told to do.
The book is about a girl, Scarlett, who meets this guy, Noah, who isn't entirely honest with her throughout the duration of the story. When she was four, she lost her memory due to head trauma and smoke inhalation, and when Noah comes along he tries to get her to remember the first four years of her life. At first, she's hesitant, but when she gets in a car crash and she starts getting flashbacks, she does about everything to find out what her visions mean and how they are important to her. Meanwhile, Noah knows everything that Scarlett does not about her past. Noah and his family were sent to Bath to make sure she gets back home, and along the way, Noah realizes that he has fallen in love with her, and that was the one thing he wasn't supposed to him. Scarlett makes him question everything he grew up believing and he'd do everything to keep her alive, even from his own people.
2nd Quarter Book Talk
Awake by Natasha Preston
Personally, I wasn't expecting the book to be how it was. The author's last book I read was a lot darker themed whereas this one was a romance mystery. I had expected it to be darker themed, but nonetheless; I still really enjoyed the book. It was confusing at first, but it gradually gives you the answers that you have questions to. All around, it was a good book and it definitely was one that I didn't want to put down.
If someone is interested in romance, then I definitely think they'd enjoy this book. It's almost a forbidden love, in most ways. It has a spin of mystery with the young love, too. It's about a young couple whose relationship isn't in favor of fate from the beginning. It's based loosely on lies, and the lead female shortly finds out.
"''I promise you, it'll be fine," I said, I didn't know how yet, but there had to be a way. She didn't believe my words. I wasn't sure if I believed them either."
About the Author
UK native, Natasha Preston,
grew up in small villages and
towns. She discovered her love for writing when she shared a story online and hasn't looked back since. She enjoys writing romance, thrillers, gritty young adult, and the occasional serial killer.