Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Spanish Greetings
Greetings and Introductions
1) Be able to greet and introduce ourselves appropriately in the target language
2) Be able to compare our greetings with those from the Spanish-speaking communities
Recognize and use situation-appropriate non-verbal communication
Demonstrate comprehension of both authentic and non-authentic written and spoken language through developmentally appropriate tasks
Examine products, perspectives and symbols of the target language
Use digital media and culturally authentic resources to build vocabulary, improve reading ability and encourage cultural awareness
Compare and use authentic forms of address in a variety of social situations
Compare the social patterns of other cultures and the learner's own culture
What are some greetings practiced in your culture?
How do you greet people the first time you meet?
What do you say?
Does it change with family, friends, strangers, etc.?
maintain eye contact
how are you?
nice to meet you
hola ¿Cómo estás? ¿Qué tal? Mucho Gusto Encantanda
¿Qué Onda? (slang)
darse la mano
1) What is one main difference between greetings in Spanish-speaking countries and the United States?
2)What does that tell you about the culture?
3) What does it tell you about your culture?
Each country has its own forms of greetings that are specific to the cultures within