Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Video Game Designer
Transcript of Video Game Designer
[World History, US History, Government, Economics] Science (20 credits/ 2 years)
[Life (10 credits/ 1 year)
Physical (10 credits/ 1 year] Year One PE (PE/Health) (10 credits/ 1 year) Physical Education (10 credits/ 1 year) Career Technical Education (10 credits/ 1 year) Visual/Performing Arts (10 credits/ 1 year) Elective (70 credits) Colleges Rochester Institute of Technology Massachusetts Institute of Technology Location: Rochester, New York
Tuition Costs: $45,602 for a full time Undergraduate per year
Classes I would Major in:
-Game Design and Development
-2D and 3D Animation and Asset Production RIT CAMPUS Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Tuition Costs: $57,010 for a full time Undergraduate per year
Classes I would Major in:
-Computer Science and Engineering Why? Work Strengths Video Game Designer -Computers and Electronics
-Communications and Media
-Team Player Links:
http://www.theartcareerproject.com/combine-work-and-play-information-about-video-game-design/93/ Torrey Pines High School Fin -In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $82,890.00 with most people making between $41,590.00 and $123,850.00
-Video Game Designers usually work up to 50 hours a week. A "crunch period" starts up to six months out from a game shipping. During this time it's expected to be putting in 12+ hour days 6 or 7 days a week up until the game ships. Education requirements differ from company to company, many positions require a degree in engineering or computer science, and some may require a two-year certificate or a four-year degree.
Required education for most positions in the video game design industry include object-oriented programming such as C++ or Java, 3-D modeling, animation theory courses, sound tool courses, artificial intelligence courses and graphics programming. Thanks for Watching~
- In 6th grade, there was a similar project to this. I spent many hours researching different careers, and one of the only ones that caught my interest was this job.
- I've always been interested in video games and hoped that someday I could create a game that gamers would enjoy-- to give something back to the gaming world.
- I've always thought it would be really cool to be able to create a world you could call your own, be in charge of everyone in the game, being able to set what happens next in the story, and being able to set all the rules in the world. -Technical difficulty: address bugs in their designs, tweak game play malfunctions, amend story plots and redefine characters. It requires editing and re-editing to make sure game play is fun, challenging and innovative.
-Mental challenges: post-production demands strong problem-solving skills and cutting-edge solutions.
-Long hours and stressful workloads
-May be called to work overtime a lot, little vacation time
-High cost of living
-Spends lots of hours in front of a computer