Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
A STUDY ABOUT LIQUEFACTION POTENTIAL OF SOIL DEPOSITS IN BAR
Transcript of A STUDY ABOUT LIQUEFACTION POTENTIAL OF SOIL DEPOSITS IN BAR
Soil Penetration Test
Background of the Study
Liquefaction in the Philippines
CRR based on empirical method
Factor of safety
Scope and Limitation
Study is limited to the assessment of the liquefaction susceptibility of soil deposits of Brgy. 22 Cagayan de Oro City.
Significance of the Study
The study is significant to the ff.
The lot owner .
Barangay 22, Osmena Extension, Cagayan de Oro City.
CSR Based on empirical method
Field exploration and investigation- Drilling Procedure
Laboratory Testing and Geotechnical Testing
Borehole Factor of Safety against Liquefaction at corresponding earthquake magnitude
Factor of safety against liquefaction at Earthquake magnitude 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10.
Results and Discussions
Liquefaction occurs as a saturated or partly saturated soil tend to lose its strength and stiffness as a reaction to ground shaking as an applied stress or other sudden change in stress condition, causing the soil to liquefy.
Why does Liquefaction occur?
1. To conduct Soil Penetration Testing (SPT) in the associated area.
2. To gather and classify the soil deposits present in the area at 1.5 meter interval.
2. To conduct laboratory testing on the acquired soil samples.
3. Classify, assess and analyze the soil deposits in the subject area.
5. Determine the Factor of safety against liquefaction at corresponding Moment magnitude Mw and depth z.
6. Establish a Factor of safety against liquefaction log graph in Barangay 22, Cagayan de Oro city.
1. Field exploration and investigation- Drilling Procedure.
2. Laboratory Testing and Geotechnical Testing.
3. Empiral Methods
Factor of safety Against Liquefaction at corresponding depth behavior
Cyclic resistance ratio and Cyclic stress ratio relationship
Conclusion and Recommendation
This study concludes that the soil deposit in Barangay 22 is safe against liquefaction at the three scenarios of earthquake magnitude 6.5, 7.5 and 8.0. However, it will liquefy at magnitude 10.
Explore other procedures for assessing soil liquefaction susceptibility.
Research for the latest updates and revisions in the process of assessing the liquefaction susceptibility using the standard penetration method.
Conduct soil exploration on an area close to the boring site to study the behavior of the surrounding soil deposit.
Explore the bearing stress capacity of the soil deposit in the associated area.
YAHWEH BLESS US ALL !
THE END ...