Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Human Genetics 03022016
Transcript of Human Genetics 03022016
March 2nd, 2016
p53, pRb, Brca1, and Brca2
Class Activity 7
Answer the following on a sheet of paper:
1. What is cancer?
2. What is a tumor suppressor gene?
3. Why might a mutation in the gene for Retinoblastoma protein result in cancer?
4. Why might a mutation in the gene for p53 result in cancer?
5. Which types of cancer often involve mutations in the genes for either Brca1 or Brca2?
6. If a mutation is inherited, in which type of cell did the mutation exist in the parent?
Rb Gene Locus
p53 Gene Locus
Brca1 Gene Locus
Brca2 Gene Locus
Act out cell cycle regulation by Rb and p53