Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
You're Disturbing My Sleep!
Ruining Your Soul
Sharpening Your Soul
What would happen to someone who ate
only chocolate and drank only soft drinks
for several years?
What would they look like and feel like after a
Read the story from "You're Disturbing My
Sleep" on page 238.
Do you think media effects you? Why or why not?
What are some ways you can avoid being guided
too much by the media?
Characteristics of addictions:
>Creates short-term pleasures
>Becomes your primary focus of your life
>Temporary eliminates pain
>Gives an artificial sense of self-worth, power, control, security, and intimacy
>Worsens the problems and feelings you are trying to escape from
Feeding Your Soul
What should we expect when we feed our soul "junk food"?
Media "feeds" us a lot of
"junk" that does not help our
Who has time to sharpen all aspects of habit #7?
There is a time be balanced and to be imbalanced.
Use your downtime.
Abraham Lincoln was once asked, "What would you do if you had 8 hours to cut down a tree?
He replied, "I'd spend the first four hours sharpening my saw."