Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Entrepreneurial State
Transcript of The Entrepreneurial State
risk & return
where is the return?
"me too" drugs
NIH funds almost
of revolutionary new drugs
"me too" vs. innovative drugs
where are the
what is the state's role?
state as venture capitalist?
VC early stage
SBIR phase II
SBIR phase I
who is funding the difficult stuff?
Block and Keller 2012
"Governments have always been lousy at picking winners, and they are likely to become more so, as legions of entrepreneurs and tinkerers swap designs online, turn them into products at home and market them globally from a garage.
governments should stick to the basics:
better schools for a skilled work-force, clear rules and a level playing field for enterprises of all kinds...
The Third Industrial Revolution,
, April 21, 2012
Leave the rest to the revolutionaries."
2013 TED Global talk presentation:
© Mariana Mazzucato