Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Do Struggling Readers Look Like?
Transcript of What Do Struggling Readers Look Like?
Lose the stereotype:
First you must remember that anyone can be a struggling reader if given a text that is tough and rigorous.
There are levels:
quiet & lacks confidence
class clown - distracts from their lack of skills
ELL students- who can be very bright but struggle with certain vocabulary in context
AP/Gifted reader - given the right text could be challenged and struggle
Independent vs. Dependent Reader
The goal needs to be to teach students "how to struggle" on their own.
Teach them strategies to become independent, and not depend on other readers or the teacher.
Do you know who is really learning here?