Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pramukh Swami Maharaj's Life
Transcript of Pramukh Swami Maharaj's Life
Transition into Sadhu Life
left after receiving a letter from Shastriji Maharaj on Nov. 7, 1939
went to Bochasan with Nilkanth Swami and Ghanshyam Swami
got prashad diksha by Shastiji Maharaj
was tested the new intiated sadhus
got bhagwati diksha in Gondal
became the Kothari of Sarangpur Mandir
Narayanswarpudasji's and Shastriji Maharaj's bond
Appointed President of BAPS
appointed by Shastriji Maharaj on May 21, 1950 at Ambali Vali Pol, Ahmedabad
promised to "...fulfill my responsibility properly- without caring for myself, I will remain loyal to this sanstha and fulfill my duty to you."
Seva at Atladra
Seva at Bochasan
Seva in Undhela
Intiated many sadhus
spread satsang all around the world
• Initiated 906 sadhus as of Jan. 10 214
• Built Gandhingar Akshardham and is in the process of building Akshardham in Robbinsville
• Guinness World Book of Records Award: “Master Builder” for most number of mandir built
• Mandirs built: more than 1100 around the globe
• Visited over 17,000 villages, towns, and cities
• Sanctified over 250, 000 homes around the world
Born on 7 Dec. 1921 (Magshar sud 8 VS 1978) in Chansad, Gujuart
Childhood name- Shantilal
Parents- Motibhai and Diwaliba
Siblings- Gangaba and 8 others
excelled in studies, sang bhajans, offered bhakti
Hard Work + Prayers = SUCCESS
Appointed as the Guru
5:30am- wake up, bathe, etc.
6:30am- puja, daily darshan, reading, arti, katha
8:00am- padharamanis begin
Lunch would be anytime after 12:30pm
3:00pm- rest and bathe
3:30pm- move to a new village
4:00pm- welcome sabha
7:00pm- evening arti
12:00 midnight- chesta and meet devotees
12:30- 1:00am- sleep
traveled in many severe conditions (blazing sun, rain, etc.)
traveled even in remote areas
Fun Fact- Bapa drove a........