Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Reading Instruction
Principles of Classroom Reading Assessment
*Principle 1: Find out what children can do
*Principle 2: Assessment informs instruction
*Principle 3: Be prepared-gather assessment tools in advance
*Principle 4: Analyze students' assessment results using if-then thinking
*Principle 5: Document students' growth in reading over time
Teacher works with the whole class focusing on a common need.
*Introducing new topics
Two or more students working on a particular skill with/without teacher support.
* Guided Reading/Skill groups
* Using same materials
* Provides instruction to meet specific needs of student learners.
Joint Productive Activity (JPA)
Student learners with varying abilities work together to solve a problem through collaboration.
* Book clubs
* Reading passage/answer discussions
* Project Based Learning
* Discovery Education
A student learner is working with a teacher on a specific skill.
*Beneficial for CCR, ESL students.
*Instruction is focused on the learner's ability.
*Extension or Reteaching
Students are working together to complete a literacy task.
* Partner reading
* Book clubs
* Discussing reading passages- reviewing for EOGs.
Reutzel, D. R., & Cooter, R. (2011). Classroom reading assessment and the teaching/learning cycle. In Strategies for reading assessment and instruction (4th ed.). Pearson Education