Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Patricians vs Plebeians
Transcript of Patricians vs Plebeians
TUNIC AND TOGA
Tunic: The basic item of male dress was this
Toga: was the national garment of Rome
- Didnt work as hard
-Men wrote letters and dealt with Business
-Women admired their beauty
- Men Merchant Farmers and Craft workers
Women : Farmers or worked in house
They worked all day
Most lived in apartments
Apartments located in lower levels were in better condition than apartments located in upper levels. Because of this, more Romans who were a little wealthier(Patricians) lived in the apartments near the courtyard, while poorer Romans(Plebeians) lived on the top floors.
Other Facts for the Patricians
- only Patricians Could hold political, military, or religious offices
- Small part of the population
- Held most of the power and control
- Could serve in the senate
-middle-lower class [not as wealthy as the patricians]
-bulk of the population
-artisans, shopkeepers, and peasants
-elected officials called tribunes