Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Scholarship Workshop
Coca-Cola, Doritos, ect.
Field of Study, Crafts i.e. Carpentry, Knitting, Milk-Mustache
Charity, Community Service, Positive Change
Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Disabilities, Low-income, ect.
Apply for Everything
Scholarship Handbook 2013
Kaplan Scholarship Book 2013
Scholarships: Who, What, Where, How & Why
More than meets the eye...
Tips for Winning Scholarships
Save EVERY essay that you write.
Give LOTS of details
Let your audience in: evoke emotion
Focus on positives about yourself
Pay for tuition
Educational expenses (transportation, computer upkeep etc.)
First Things First...
Create a new e-mail address for SCHOLARSHIPS ONLY
Create a weekly schedule
Start an organization plan
Deep Water: SCAMS
$ Pay money to get money= SCAM
Too good to be true?... It is
Guaranteed to win? SCAM!!!
Application Fee? SCAM!!!
Asking for ANY KIND of bank info= SCAM
Postage for another country? SCAM!!!
Not sure? Bring to us, we can help you figure it out :)
It's Yours KEEP IT
GPA: Keep your grades up! You could lose scholarships
Time off from school: If you take time off it can effect some scholarships
Designated Field: change of major/program effects some scholarship eligibility
Full-time status: find out what full-time status is at your school. If you drop a course will you be considered part-time?
NOTHING IS FREE
1. Create scholarship e-mail
2. Register on search engines
3. Schedule time to apply/keep track
4. Stay organized and timely
5. Ask for help when you need it
Begin volunteering, start a charity project, aid your community! This will enhance your application and get you noticed!!!!
TAXES & Scholarships
Qualified Educational Expenses
Tuition & fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution
Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies and equipment that are required for the courses at the educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
Expenses that DO NOT Qualify
Room & board.
Equipment and other expenses not required for enrollment at an educational institution.
Eligibility for Stevens-Henager Students
2-year Career College
NOT: 4-year college or trade school
Accredited Institution for Higher Education
Full Time Student: 2 classes per mod.
Part Time Student: 1 class per mod.
Get to Know Your Audience
Research the company or organization awarding the scholarship. Ask questions like:
1. What reputation does this organization uphold?
2. Who is the target audience for the organization?
3. What were qualifications met by previous scholarship winners?
4. What details about the organization could help me enhance my application?