Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Investigating Forces
People in town are nervous about the train because nothing seems to be pushing it or holding it up in the air.
It just floats!
The purpose of the science investigation will be to see if you can make a magnet start to move without anything touching it.
Investigating Non-Touching Forces
With a partner, discuss...
1. What do you think you know already about magnets?
2. What questions do you have about magnets?
1. Why does the train rise?
What have we learned so far about what can make something start to move?
1. Pairs share magnets
2. Use the magnets safely
3. Do not throw magnets
What makes a good partnership?
Can a force make an object start to move without anything touching the object?
What is your evidence?