Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transport System in plants
Transcript of Transport System in plants
-Transports water and mineral salts from roots to other parts of the plant.
-Provides mechanical support
-Having hollow centre and lignified cell wall Xylem Functions:
-Conducts manufactured food from the leaves to other parts of the plants Phloem Phloem Function:
-Increases the surface area of the root for the absorption of water and mineral salts.
-Elongated tubular extension that increase the surface area to volume ratio
-This structural adaptation favors the absorption of water and ion via osmosis and diffusion from soil into root hair cells. Root hair cells -Transpiration is the loss of water vapor through the aerial parts of the plants, especially from the stomata.
-Importance of transpiration:
Transpiration is responsible for the efficient movement of water and mineral salts up the plants.
As water evaporates,its helps to remove latent from the plants,hence cooling the leaves. Transpiration -Bernice THE END