Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Figurative Language Game Show: Play Me a Tune
Transcript of Figurative Language Game Show: Play Me a Tune
Click on the YouTube video below to begin the game. Click the "pause" button on the screen after each song clip. Collaborate with your partner for questions 1-10 and then record your answer. (You will work independently for questions 11-31.) After answering each question, click the "play" button to reveal the answer. Once the answer is revealed, put a check mark by correct responses and an "X" by incorrect answers.
How Did You Do?
28-31 Answers Correct:
You're a Pro
25-27 Answers Correct:
You're Almost at the Top
21-24 Answers Correct:
You're Getting There
17-20 Answers Correct:
It's Time to Review
0-16 Answers Correct:
Let Your Teacher Be Your Guide
Before Beginning the Game:
1. Take out a sheet of loose-leaf paper and number from 1-31. Be certain to put your name on your work.
2. Select a partner. You and your parnter will collaborate on questions 1-10 and then you will be on your own. Good luck!
Today, you will test your figurative language skills by playing a fun game. You will analyze lines from popular songs to determine the figurative language used in the lyrics.
Need Additional Help???
Replay the game or click on the video clip below for a reteaching exercise. It includes definitions of figurative language and examples from songs.
Jlo99999 (Producer). (2013, August 30). Figurative language examples in
songs: Part 1 [Video file]. Retrieved October 22, 2014, from https://
White, B. (Producer). (2013, April 12). Figurative language game show [Video
file]. Retrieved October 22, 2014, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?