Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Kite Runner - Chapter 22-23
Transcript of Kite Runner - Chapter 22-23
2. Summary the content
4. Themes and symbolism
5. Style and language
7. Sources 1. Situation Rahim asked Amir to find Sohrab.
Kabul = Talibs terrorize and kill 4. Themes and symbolism 3. Characters 6. Conclusion Chapters 22-23 2. Summary the content CHAPTER 22 CHAPTER 23 AMIR ASSEF SOHRAB 5. Style and language 7. Sources Amir goes in alone to see the official.
Talibs bring Sohrab to the room
The official asks Amir where “babalu” is. => Ali
Official = Assef
He and Amir have unsettled business. Assef beats Amir badly
Amir starts laughing
He is being beaten up anf he feels comfort
Sohrab points his slingshot at Assef
->takes out Assef’s eye.
Farid drives them away Amir fades in and out of consciousness
Rahim has left town
Letter for Amir
-> he should forgive himself
Baba was torn between two sons
Taliban are looking for him
People Amir planned to leave Sohrab, never existed. • Selfish to Selfless
• Correcting past mistakes
• Sacrifice himself for Sohrab REDEMPTION
• His chance to confront his guilt.
• Stand up for what is right.
• His way to be good again.
• He intervened on behalf of Sohrab .
• Fights with Assef and laughs because he feels redeemed.
--->“My body was broken – just how badly I wouldn`t find out until later- but I felt healed. Healed at last. I laughed.”(p.253 - l.8) FAHRID Yorknotes
He never forget a face
Uses his power to kill innocent Afghans He is like his father
Like the same things like Hassan
->slingshot, panjar (cards)
Slave of Assef
Defeats Assef -> save Amir helps a lot Amir
seems like Hassan
->loyal FORGIVENESS CRUELTY OF TALIBAN SYMBOLS Assef has no pain when he killed people
Like a game
Terror = Education Rahim's letter = Forgiveness
"God will forgive"
forgiving oneself Cleft lip mark of Hassan’s status in society
Amir’s identity becomes merged with Hassan’s. The Lamb sacrifice of an innocent
Sohrab as looking like a slaughter sheep as his father IRONY Sohrab saves Amir from Assef-> like Hassan
decorative ball from the table
Amir feels free after his beating from LANGUAGE Language formal-> letter of Rahim Khan
Language medical No more guilt for Hassan's rape
End of the battle
Car sickness is gone