Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Passing
"Marriage: A Basic and Exigent Good"
Marriage is a "distinct fundamental human good because it enables the wife and the husband to flourish as individuals and as a couple."
The Business of Marriage Larsen potrays women as only requiring social status and security from their marriages. Sullivan, Nell
"Nella Larsen's Passing and Fading subjects"
Larsen's childhood rejection was seemingly reiterated in her marriage to Elmer S. Imes which caused her desire for recognition and fear of rejctection surface in the charcters Clare Kendry and Irene Redfield.
Recognition requires an appearance of wealth and whiteness. Robert Dinero and wife Grace Hightower Toth, Josh
"Deauthenticating Community: The passing intrusion of Clare Kendry in Nell Larsen's Passing"