Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Triage in Disasters
Transcript of Triage in Disasters
Emergency Medical Services Coordinator Sorting through the masses Bio James Salvante Describe the key elements of disaster triage
Understand the basic principles of Mass Casualty Triage (START) Objectives Any time an event exceeds or overwhelms the available resources
Need > Resources When is disaster triage needed? Tags What does this look like? START Triage
A method of quickly identifying victims who have immediately life-threatening injuries AND who have the best chance of surviving. Triage? - EMS Coordinator, Coastal Valleys EMS Agency since 2007
- Paramedic , Field Supervisor, Operations Manager AMR-San Francisco 1992-2007 - Background
- Classification - Will need definitive care
- May be unable to walk
- Able to follow simple commands Delayed (Yellow) Immediate (Red) - Does not move
- Need surgical or life saving interventions
- May die without intervention - Alert & Oriented
- Minor Injuries
- Abrasions, Contusions & Lacerations Walking Wounded (Green) Is Triage part of the Incident Command System? - Do not move
- Treat with dignity
- Comfort measures only Dead (Black) Practice Questions & Discussion (Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment) Yes!