Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unitary Method in Fractions
Transcript of Unitary Method in Fractions
1) FIND OUT HOW TO USE UNITS IN FRACTIONS UNITARY METHOD IN FRACTIONS LET'S START OUR LESSON Problem ARE YOU:
RESPECTFUL? What does 1/2 mean?
1 out of 2 parts?
You have learnt....... Units in Fractions •Faith has twice as many stickers as Joy
•For every 2 stickers that Faith has,
Joy has 1 sticker
Consider This: There are some girls and boys in a school. If the number of boys is 7/9 the number of girls, what is the total number of units of children? RECAP What is fraction of a set?
What is a set? ANY QUESTIONS? Items in a Grocery Store What is the fraction of the marbles circled? Example 1 How many trucks must I circle so that one-third of them remain uncircled? Example 2 Timothy bought 42 strips of paper for his project. Each strip of paper is 6/7 m long. What is the total length of paper that he bought? 6
7 m x 42? How about
these chocolates? Can this be considered half too? Who has more, Faith or Joy? 2 units 1 unit Who has half as many stickers as who? Faith Joy What happens when I change the 'number of times'? Faith has 3 times as many stickers as Faith Who has more, Faith or Joy? Who has one-third as many stickers as who? Faith Joy *** How about 4 times?
5 times? PRACTICE TIME
Visible Math Pg 89-90
Use pencil for the models Noise level: 1