Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tupac Shakur Prezi
Transcript of Tupac Shakur Prezi
-He’s saying that he’s trying to be positive even though he is not living a good life because of all the negative things out there like racism, drugs, etc.
2) "What I learned in jail is that I can't change. I can't live a different lifestyle-this is it. This is the life that they gave and this is the life that I made."
-He can’t change the way he was raised. The way he was raised is the life he will make out of it. Tupac Amaru Shakur
Born in New York City in 1971, Tupac Shakur, known by his stage name 2Pac, was an American rapper. (1) Tupac was only raised by his mother, Afeni Shakur. He didn't meet his father until he was an adult. (2) Tupac, with his mother and half-sister, Sekyiwa...moved between homeless shelters and cheap accommodations around New York City. (3) Shakur received an education in radical politics from his mother, but he also saw some of life's hardships through her struggles with substance abuse. (4) In August of 1988, Shakur’s stepfather Mutulu was sentenced to sixty years in prison for armed robbery after being on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted list for several years. Shakur soon moved in with a neighbor and started selling drugs on the street. (5)
However, he retained few friends and relied on writing poetry and diary entries to keep himself busy. (6) Tupac said, "All I'm trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me." (7) He’s saying that no matter how bad his lifestyle is, he will make the best out of it and overcome it. Even though Tupac was in jail, that didn’t stop him from fulfilling his dream because he knew he wasn’t guilty. "I just spent 11 and a half months in a maximum-security jail, got shot five times, and was wrongly convicted of a crime I didn't commit." (8) He went in and out of jail constantly because they wanted him to change."What I learned in jail is that I can't change. I can't live a different lifestyle-this is it. This is the life that they gave and this is the life that I made" (9), said Tupac. Tupac died on the night of September 13, 1996 at the age of 25. He was leaving Mike Tyson’s boxing match in Las Vegas, Nevada and was killed in a drive-by shooting.
Even though Shakur died at an early age, he achieved many awards. Shakur has sold more than 75 million albums worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world. (10) He received the American Music Award for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist. Many people liked Tupac. There was a lot of profanity in his music, but besides that, everyone loved it. American Dream After high school, I would like to go to college on a scholarship to play soccer. If that goes well then hopefully when I am finished with college, I can play professional soccer. If my plans to play soccer do not go well, then I want to finish college and major in business. I would like to start my own business because I want to be my own boss. If things are going well and i'm wealthy then I want to get married, have 3 kids, and live in a nice house. This describes my american dream because I want to be wealthy so I can maintain my family and live in a nice home. Citations
(1) . N.p.. Web. 3 May 2013. <http://makaveli.com/?page_id=193>.
(2) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://www.biography.com/people/tupac-shakur-206528>.
(3) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://makaveli.com/?page_id=193>.
(4) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://www.biography.com/people/tupac-shakur-206528>.
(5) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://makaveli.com/?page_id=193>.
(6) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://makaveli.com/?page_id=193>.
(7) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/tupac_shakur.html>.
(8) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/tupac_shakur.html>.
(9) . N.p.. Web. 16 May 2013. <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/tupac_shakur.html>.
(10) . N.p.. Web. 3 May 2013. <http://makaveli.com/?page_id=193>. Research Poem As I stand on that muddy grass field,
The roar of the cheering crowds
Is all I seem to hear.
No specific voices, its all just a blur
The only person I really notice,
Is the yelling of my coach.
As I go to challenge the ball,
I think, “I want my coach to be proud of me”,
The ball is at my feet, I have to be quick.
I dribble up the side of the field,
Cut in and cross, one touch,
From another player, and Goal!
I know my coach is proud of me,
From just one look.
Walking to the car,
Ball in hand, covered all in mud,
I receive compliments on a great game,
I say thanks but all that matters,
After the game winning goal.
Is that one look from my coach.
This describes me because my coach made me the soccer player I am today. He pushed me to get better and I’m going to keep practicing to get even better because he has inspired me to work hard to reach my dream of playing professional soccer. List of Expectations 1. Pass all my classes
2. Pass all my test
3. Turn in my work on time
4. Be more organized
5. Be more proactive Expectations of Others for Me 1. Be a leader for the soccer team on and off the field
2. Be more positive
3. To do well in everything I do
4. Don't get into any trouble
5. Be more confident Changes by 2pac I see no changes
Wake up in the morning and I ask myself:
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of being poor and, even worse, I'm black
My stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
Pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he's a hero
"Give the crack to the kids: who the hell cares?
One less hungry mouth on the welfare!"
First ship em dope and let em deal to brothers
Give 'em guns, step back, watch em kill each other
"It's time to fight back", that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother
But we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other
We gotta start making changes
Learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
And that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
But things change... and that's the way it is I'm so inspired by these lyrics because Tupac went through a lot and still ended up being successful. He went through a lot of racial activity, drugs, violence, etc. That means that if you work hard enough, anyone can be successful. You just have to be willing to put in the effort to it. How Tupac Shakur managed to overcome his obstacles are he retained few friends. Him retaining few friends helped him put in that extra work into his poetry and diary entries. That is why he's one of the best rappers who ever lived. He rapped about what he went through. He lived a rough life, but still ended up being successful and one of the greatest.