Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Assessment in the PYP
Transcript of Assessment in the PYP
how do we choose to communicate information about assessment?
3 way conferences
Student led conferences
Assessment in the PYP
Objective of assessment
to provide feedback on the learning process
* gathering and analysis of information about student performance and is designed to inform practice
* identification of what students know, understand, can do, and feel at different stages in the learning process
* PYP stresses on both student and teacher self assessment and reflection
how do we discover what students have learned?
how we choose to collect and analyse data?
What is the PYP perspective on assessment?
- integral to all teaching and learning.
- central to the PYP goal of thoughtfully and effectively guiding students through the five essential elements of learning:
* acquisition of knowledge
* the understanding of concepts
* the mastering of approaches to learning
* the development of attitudes
* the decision to take action
- aims to give teachers and students a clear insight into students' understanding
- is the culmination of teaching and learning process
- gives students opportunities to demonstrate what has been learned
- provides information that is used in order to plan the next stage in learning
- it connected with learning
- helps teachers and students to find out what the students already know and can do
- aims to promote learning by giving regular and frequent feedback
- helps learners to:
improve knowledge and understanding
foster enthusiasm for learning
engage in thoughtful reflection
develop the capacity of self assessment
recognize the criteria for success
the methods or approaches that teachers use when gathering information about a student's learning
the instruments used to collect data
Assessment strategies and tools
assessment in the classroom will include:
using representative examples of students' work or performance to provide information about student learning
collecting evidence of students' understanding and thinking
documenting learning processes of groups and individuals
engaging students in reflecting on their learning
student assessing work produced by themselves and by others
developing clear rubrics
identifying exemplar student work
keeping records or test/ task results
Allow students to...
share learning and understanding with others
demonstrate a range of knowledge conceptual understanding and skills
use variety of learning styles to express understanding
know and understand criteria for quality product or performance in ADVANCE
participate in reflection, self and peer assessment
base learning on real-life experiences that can lead to further inquiries
express different points of view and interpretations
analyze learning and understand what needs to be improved
Allow teachers to...
inform every stage of the teaching and learning process
plan in response to student and teacher inquiries
develop criteria for producing a quality product or performance
gather evidence from which sound conclusions can be drawn
provide evidence that can be effectively reported and understood by the whole school community
collaboratively review and reflect on student performance and progress
take into account a variety of learning styles, MIs and abilities including different cultural contexts
use scoring that is both analytical (separate work for different aspects of the work) and holistic (single scores)
Allow parents to...
see evidence of student learning and development
develop an understanding of the student's progress
provide opportunities to support and celebrate student learning