Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Presentation about market segmentation
Transcript of Presentation about market segmentation
to failure is trying to please everyone." 1. Identify the different segments and their needs Market segment needs to be: Geographic 2. Segmenting consumer markets - Region
- Climate Demographic - Age
- Education Psychographic - Activities
- Attitudes Behavioral - Brand loyality
- Usage rate
- Occasions (holiday etc.) 3. Segmenting industrial markets Location Company type Behavioral characteristics Goran Lindqvist Anders Malmberg Orjan Solvell CIND, Uppsala University in cooperation with Professor Michael E. Porter ISC, Harvard Business School - Size
- Industry - Buying status (potential, first-time, regular) 4. How to get the information Statistics - Statistics Sweden: www.scb.se
- ReportLinker: www.reportlinker.com (Sweden)
- www.euromonitor.com/sweden Universities - Co-operation with professors
- Students who need experience AIESEC GIP Market research companies http://directory.esomar.org/country167_Sweden/?letter=all - -Graduates
-People who want additional experience 5. Targeting - Concerting your marketing efforts on one or a few segments - Makes the promotion, pricing and distribution of your products and/or services easier and more cost-effective. odesk.com - Target marketing provides a focus to all of your marketing activities. Marketing
Mix 6. Different types of targeting strategies Undifferentiated
Strategy Company Company Company Marketing Mix Marketing mix Marketing mix Marketing mix Entire market Segment 1
Segment 3 Segment 1
Segment 3 Company - Brand
- Market share
- Profile Managerial capabilities Enviromental factors Segment -Size
- Stucture Why bother? Financial and personnel resources Level of competition 7. When you are making a choice of targeting strategy you need to consider: Product development Strategy Success - Identifiable - Accessible - Substantial - Unique needs - Durable Good Market segmentation Opportunities All the companies have limited resources. With segmenting we channel these resources to provide us with the maximum profit. Any room for us?