Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DIVE INTO Mountain Tops 3D - 54892
Transcript of DIVE INTO Mountain Tops 3D - 54892
I realised something, I was good at adapting to change and found a good challenge really rewarding
for us all
There are even times I fear I may be replaced by an App.
From One Top
TO THE TEXT TOP
I used to try and bring people with me
Through sheer willpower
With no plan
With me doing the heavy lifting
Change can be done
And how did I get there?
I was just surviving for the first year - I called it "Triage Education"
I didn't start as a teacher. I came to teaching after a career in psychology
(Special Needs, Eng)
(Guidance & Counselling)
DP- Student Services
But is this the pinnacle of my career?
Or the foundation
of what's to come?
DP -Student Services
My Vision of Change
The Reality of Managing Change
Once I became proficient in operational
issues I soon realised I needed to do more.
Before we start - write down something you've achieved that you're most proud of
- Going for things that are slightly unobtainable
I have had to get to know myself really well and that was hard work. I realised I have GRIT - passion, perseverance and stamina.
There have been times when
I have second-guessed
myself, felt as if I have
alienated everyone, that nothing changes
& that I have chosen
the wrong career.
There was even a time
I was concerned I could
be replaced by an app
How have I enacted change?
Spheres of Influence
Just as a side note - I want to tell you how hard it was for me to shift from PowerPoint to Prezzi. But I feel great that I worked it out.
Thank you for sticking around at the end of the conference and giving me so much of your valuable time.
- In school
How many people said "I'm most proud of how much marking I do?"
All the things we described that we are most proud of, are also the things we found the most difficult:
- Reaching a goal and pushing ourselves beyond our limits
- All schools need change done their own way
- Hand back what you can
- Give yourself the time to strategically think
- Use a research based framework
- Build critical relationships & over-communicate
- Find out what they need and what you can give
and find the middle road
- Map out the resistance and what you will do
- Set goals and celebrate success
- Seek (and take on) feedback
- Reflect and grow
SO how do we adopt and adapt to change?
Methodology for Change
Change can be done to you, or done with you (both have the same effect).
Many of you sitting here today will say your school is different – well I’m here to say, change is possible, even when you don’t think it is. It’s all about how you do it.
Authentic change takes 3-5/7 years to take hold – so this is a marathon, not a sprint – prepare for that and be kind on yourself
Change fatigue was leaking into everything I did