Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The History of Quebec
Transcript of The History of Quebec
1492 - Christopher Columbus crosses the Atlantic Ocean.
1497 - John Cabot reaches the
North American mainland
and claims it for England.
1500s to 1600s 1000s to 1500s 1525 ~ 1530 - Fishermen regularly
sails to the St. Lawrence.
July 24th, 1534 - Jacques Cartier lands
on the Gaspé Peninsula.
August 10th, 1535 - Jacques Cartier’s
expedition sails into
the St. Lawrence River.
Christopher Columbus Samuel de Champlain James Wolfe Louis-Joseph de Montcalm 1653 - The population of
Quebec is at 2000.
1663 - New France becomes
a royal province
under Louis XIV.
1600s to 1650 1608 - Samuel de Champlain founds Quebec City.
1609 - Samuel de Champlain defeats the Iroquois with the Hurons.
1612 - Champlain is made lieutenant in New France.
1650 to 1700s