Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cuba Violates Human Rights
Transcript of Cuba Violates Human Rights
By Austin Sargent
"Allows the state to imprison individuals before they have committed a crime, on the suspicion that they might commit an offense in the future" (Berlatsky 1).
Opposing the Policy
Dissidents try to express views
March of Dignity
March for human rights and to free political prisoners (Steinberg 1).
Cuba is violating human rights with a policy called "Dangerousness."
Human Rights Watch have recognized over forty "Dangerousness" cases just from people expressing their views
Ram-n Velasquez was arrested during march, charged with "Dangerousness" and was sentenced to three years in prison
Biography. Digital image. Raul Castro Biography. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Feb. 2014. <www.biography.com>.
Dissident. Digital image. New Word of the Day. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Feb. 2014. <www.greword.com>.
March of Dignity. Digital image. Cuba. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Feb. 2014. <cubanexilequarter.blogspot.com>.
Innocent Until Proven Guilty
McShane, Justin. Innocent Until Proven Guilty. Digital image. Pennsylvania DUI Blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Feb. 2014. <www.paduiblog.com>.