Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Spanish Influence on Texas
Transcript of Spanish Influence on Texas
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
After the spanish settled and claimed Texas, many Spanish people stayed in Texas and Spanish culture, including food and clothing, developed in Texas, especially in San Antonio, where many street, landmarks, and city names are spanish.
7 types of influences
The Spanish influenced Texas in different cultural ways.
Tex-Mex Food, including restaurants like:
-And many more!!!
- Baja Jackets
- Mexican Boots
The Spanish also introduced a new religion, Catholicism, into Texas. At first the religion was an excuse to have the Native Americans to hold Texas for Spanish crown. They had to beat the French to Texas.
Spanish was the major language that they spoke, obviously, since they were Spanish.
Many names in Texas are Spanish
- San Antonio
- Guadalupe Peak
- Rio Grande R.
- El Paso
- San Marcos
- Also people's names, such as Maria, Cruz, Jose, Ariana, etc.
Many holidays also were adapted into Texas by the Spanish.
- Cinco de Mayo
- Feliz Navidad (Christmas)
Holidays and Celebrations
Presentation by Leilani Tsao