Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Working with the Media - Writing News Releases
Transcript of Working with the Media - Writing News Releases
You have an interesting story to tell.
When you have important information to share
Writing News Releases
Always provide contact information
Pay attention to grammar and style
Learn from experience
Not every story needs a release!
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't try to say too much." -- John Wayne
How do I craft a good lead?
Think of two things:
The essence of the story
Your readers stake in the story
Adjectives, Adverbs, and exclamation points, oh my!!!
Ernest Hemingway on why he wrote the final chapter of "Farewell to Arms" 44 times--
"To get the words right."
**Then connect the two**
(latest news - bottom center -left column)
University Style Guide and Branding information: